Monday 21 September 2015

Kerosene Price Update

About six days ago, Nigerian oil tycoon, Femi Otedola the chairman of Forte Oil company, announced that Forte Oil would commence the sale of kerosene at 50 naira per litre in all her branches nationwide. 
I shared this with a woman who began to exclaim; "praisssssssse the Lord!" This got me scared and I decided to carry out some survey in my locality so as to ascertain the reality of my statement. 
I visited ten filling stations to inquire about the current price since Otedola had challenged his colleagues. Of these ten stations, only two had kerosene, Forte Oil and AYM Shafa (all at Mararaba, Karu LGA Nasarawa State) Forte Oil sold at 110 naira per litre while AYM Shafa sold at 105 naira per litre. For the rest who had no kerosene, i inquired about their normal prices. Oando settled for 125 naira per litre (the branch at Aso) only NNPC stood at 50 naira per litre, although they are ceaselessly out of stock which many perceive as a corrupt gesture. 
During my research, I met an attendant at Total filling station (the one close to the Orange market junction) and asked her ;
"How much una dey sell kerosene for here? "
She replied;
" I no know oo, I no dey there, na gas I dey use". 
As for Otedola, we want to believe that the tankers conveying Kerosene to Forte Oil branches nationwide are en-route. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Popular Posts